JF> I've always used Adobe up 'til now, but will switch to SRGB.  99% of my
JF> pictures never go near a print; they are only ever seen on a screen.

Even for onscreen, you should consider not abanding AdobeRGB. I have
found that for many photos with more coloured or mixed lighting, the
sRGB had smaller gamut than the scene, and resulted in clipped
colours. That was with out of camera JPEGs, of course. AFAIK RAW
digital files are in the native colourspace of the camera, and the
software then converts them to the output profile during RAW
conversion. Especially in theater, and also in some tungsten lighting
situations, with sRGB usually the pinks and pink-yellows were clipped
a lot. I have then used AdobeRGB even for JPEGs. There might be
other issues with it for JPEGs, like that they are only 8-bit, but for
me it so far seems using AdobeRGB even for incamera JPEGs gets
generally better results.

Good light!
           fra