Derby Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>On Sat, 05 Feb 2005 11:22:27 -0700, Joseph Tainter
><[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
>
>>A few months after the release of the D there began to be a run on
>>Pentax primes. It still continues, and I suspect that DS owners will
>>soon try to join in after they decide which zoom to buy. Note that
>>Pentax autofocus primes have virtually disappeared from KEH.
>
>Yes, I've noticed it too. I'm thinking about getting the 31mm ltd but,
>oh no, Adorama aren't listing it at the moment (nor the 77mm, and the
>43mm is on back order). :(

I had to wait a month to get the Tamron 17-35 in Pentax mount. My rep
said they were selling out as quickly as they came in. I also had to
wait to get the Sigma P-TTL flash because everyone kept selling out.
I expect that distributors, being naturally cautions and not wanting to
get stuck with stock that wouldn't sell, were ordering Pentax-compatible
product based on past sales numbers and were unprepared for the revival
of interest spurred by the ist-D and DS.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing