William Robb wrote:

<snipped>

I submit that if you are stopped from photographing a publicly owned artifact which resides on public property, and you are photographing from a public place, then you are living in a dictatorship, no matter what you may happen to think about your government, and the little game called election that they let you play every few years.

Exactly the point of episode four of the "The Prisoner", entitled "Free for All".

"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own... I am not a number. I am a free man."

Tom C.