On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 16:16:51 -0700, Tom C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yeah, but if you steadfastly hold to the viewpoint that nothing is real,
> what is there to debate?  :) Sorry Marnie, being a smart***.

We can say "smartass" on this list.  At least ~I~ can say smartass...  <vbg>

BTW, WRT to all this "is reality really real?" discussion, I remember
reading somewhere (but I'll be damned if I can remember ~where~) that
for all his talk about being and nothingness, when Heidegger walked in
a room and saw a chair, he knew damned well that the chair really was
~there~, and if he sat on it, he had every confidence that it would
really hold him up!

Kant, Heidegger, Husserl, Peirce and all the rest of them still had to
live in the real world...

<vbg>

cheers,
frank