I do hope they get to it someday, but I chose to give up access
to Canon's excellent IS lenses because I found the size/weight
and rendering quality of Pentax' lenses and the *istDS body to
be more useful to my photography than the IS was.

Which is not to say anything against IS ... It's extremely
useful in the right circumstances. I can almost justify keeping
the Canon 10D and the 300/4L IS and 1.4x Extender II for
precisely those times when the IS is very useful to me. :-)

Godfrey