> I tried all of those advanced power zoom features when
> I got my PZ-1 11 or 12 years ago, and none of them was
> worth it.  The image size tracking was the biggest
> disappointment--I thought it would be useful when
> shooting (maybe I should say "photographing"!) my
> fast-moving children, or a ski race.  It turned out to
> be very jerky, inaccurate, and unreliable.

I always liked the idea of image size tracking but I've never owned a body
that supported it, I must confess to using the power zoom more than once
shooting amateur drama productions and candid portraiture in busy streets
with the 28-105 power zoom on a MZ body, battery drain was never a problem
with the AA battery pack.

John