Note: I had to pull this off the archives, since Mark's response never made it to my inbox.

---------------------------------

Gonz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Mark Roberts wrote:

The originating IP was 204.127.198.39 (comcast.net)

I've searched my most recent pdml emails, and the only comcast.net address comes from Paul Stenquist. But the IP address does not match, not even close.

Since Comcast assigns IP addresses dynamically, this doesn't mean much.

The virus could have come from someone who unsubscribed months ago or
someone who's on line now but has since been assigned a different IP by
Comcast. No way of telling.

True, but his IP address has been pretty consistent for the last couple of months or so. Generally, at least the most significant digits do not change dramatically.

--
Mark Roberts
Photography and writing