On 15/2/05, Tom C, discombobulated, unleashed:

>I have never had a problem using the compressed air cans commonly available.
>  I always direct the spray away from the camera for the first several
>seconds to make sure the first blast does not contain any liquid.

Yeah, I use compressed air (Kenair) and have no problems. Rather than a
single continuous squirt, I let loose three or four short ones direct at
nothing to make sure there's no liquid ejecting, then two quick blasts
into the gaping maw of the camera body. The sensor cleaning mode allows
access with the mirror up and the shutter open, but apparently avoids
charging the sensor itself.

Tips to avoid freezing propellant from ejecting: shake well, hold can
vertically, keep it short! I also don't get too close with the nozzle -
the pressure is quite severe - so i go from about 6 inches away from the
camera.

Never had a problem in 2 and a half years.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__