> From: Frantisek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/02/16 Wed PM 02:14:39 GMT
> To: Malcolm Smith <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
> Subject: Re: Refurbished *ist D's.
>

> Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 10:19:12 AM, Malcolm wrote:
> MS> I note that Cameraworld in London are selling some at a fraction that I
> MS> bought one new for. It almost looks too good to be true. With that in
> mind,
> MS> has anyone bought a refurbished digital camera? A second body would be
> very
> MS> useful, but not if I am going to get a lemon.
>
> I haven't, so no advice on that one <g>.
>
> But some manufacturers put the total number of shutter releases
> (including after assembly testing, I think!) somewhere into the maker
> note field in the EXIF data. Few EXIF viewers know that, and can show
> you the information. That would be quite interesting to know if you
> can get a hold of file from that refurb, as obviously a camera with 50
> 000 releases might not be that desirable. I am not sure if Pentax
> stores the number there, though. I think there was a thread about it
> some time ago.

I wonder how long it will be before one can buy "service interval reset"
software to knock it down to a more "attractive" total, like you can with car
mileometers.  Only about £5 on Ebay to put up to £10,000 value back on your
vehicle.......

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
virus-checked by McAfee
visit www.ntlworld.com/security for more information