On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 06:10:59PM +0100, Peter Lacus wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> >Anyway, Shel's right:  it's those eyes!!  The cat seems to have taken
> >on a rather knowing, almost human quality.  Lovely dof.  Wonderful
> >portrait, no matter the species.
>
> thank you for the nice words.
>
> >What kind of cat is it, BTW?  Hard to tell without seeing the body and
> >the pattern of the fur.
>
> unfortunately, I don't know much about cats, so perhaps you can judge
> something from another shot I just uploaded:
>
> http://www.misenet.sk/Timur/reloaded.html
>
> Warning: for information purposes only! ;-)

That's the basic generic "brown tabby" - the default shape and
colouring for cats before breeders start selecting variations.

Many of the wild breeds (Norwegian Forest Cat, Scottish Wildcat)
look just like that (though it's a bad idea to try to stroke them)

Timur is a wonderful example of how the tabby stripes can break up
into spots; I've got one of those in my current batch of fosters.
We call her the Ocelittle (she's too small to be an Ocelot).