--- John Whittingham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The early Sigmas were metal, very well constructed the only really fault
> being the markings tended to wear off the barrel.

The Sigma 24 I bought in mid-90's had full metal body too, with plastic aperture
ring. But what made their lenses substandrd was not about plastic or metal, but
the
mechanical designs. For PKA mount design, the aperture mechanism was poorly
design
and lacked precision. There are also other minor problems like easy to wear
materials (coating, rubber, aperture ring etc). But they might have improved
since?
I don't know.

=====
Alan Chan