The time is getting closer for me to make a decision about getting a DSLR,
but more information is needed.

There have been some comments on the list to the effect that some manual
focus Pentax lenses don't produce very good results when used with the
istD(s).  A little more information is needed.  Which lenses are giving
poor results?  In what way are the results poor?  When using a particular
lens, are the problems only in certain circumstances, or across the board.
I've seen some awful looking results with some longer lenses (Paul's bird
shots), but they seemed to be relegated to backlit scenes.  So, any
comments on the quality of images with various manual lenses would be
appreciated. Reasonably sized pics (sections of larger images) might be
helpful as well.

Thanks!

Shel