Hi Shel -

I've had no problems at all with my manual focus lenses and the *ist-D. I have shot literally thousands of images with the A* 200 f4 macro, and have no lens related complaints. In fact - the *ist-D renders edges so sharply that I had to modify my technique for on-the-fly bug close-ups, and now use a monopod for better camera support.

I have also used the *ist-D with the Kiron 105mm f2.8 macro and with the A*400 f2.8 plus the 1.7x A adapter - the results were excellent. .

If you look at my botanicals gallery -

http://www.markcassino.com/galleries/botanical/botanical.htm

All but one of the "New Shots" were taken with the *ist-D and either the A* 200 or Kiron 105. (One shot of the field of Trillium is a 6x7 color neg.)

I point out this directory because the shots are taken without flash - with birds and bugs, I almost always use flash. I do use a gold reflector and did let a lot of the whites in those botanical shots run to warm tones - I liked it at the time. But I think it does show that the *ist-D can meter well and also produce sharp images and a nice bokeh with manual focus lenses. Though, I do use a handheld meter in addition to the camera's meter, and put a lot of thought into the correct exposure - especially in not losing highlights.

I don't know about M, K, and Screwmount lenses - I have only used manual focus "A" lenses.

HTH -

MCC

Mark Cassino Photography
Kalamazoo, MI