It seems that no one reads the submission criteria for the PUG. The
relevant passage is

"9. Themed month gallery images should have been created with Pentax camera
and/or lens. Images created with non Pentax equipment are welcome
in the open category months. "

Even for Themed galleries all that is required is a Pentax camera or Pentax
lens. The rules don't seem very ambiguous on this point at all.