I would normally take a laptop with me without thinking twice. This is a 2 week mostly guided tour trip to Italy with a lot of walking. I'm trying to go as light as I can and I don't wish to leave my laptop in the hotel.

Tom C.

From: "Nick Clark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: On-the-Go Storage, it works!
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:16:45 -0000

My concern with all these devices without screens is there's no way to confirm there's really anything readable on the disc. That goes double for a CD/DVD writer given the number of CDs I've had that are written by one machine and subsequently turn out to be unreadable by another. In this case you will be destroying the original on the card, so there's no second chance.

I'd rather use a flashtrax type device, or as I do take a Tablet PC or Laptop for copying to. This also gives me the option of checking the images on a decent sized screen, and even a bit of Photoshopping in the evening. With sufficient cards to get through a day the laptop can stay at base (hotel, B&B, etc) until I return.

YMMV of course, but this works for me.

Nick