To: "PDML" <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 10:56 AM
Subject: colour shift under big lighting

Hi,
  what would be the safe shutter speed to avoid the colour and
  contrast shift under high intensity lighting? Always when I am
  shooting some event lit by something like that, I get incosistent
  colours in a burst of frames. I hope it's not the camera
  (elsewhere it worked fine, and it's on manual settings now auto
  WB), but the flickering of the light which either changes in
  spectral emmission or changes intensity. I noticed it again on the
  B-P summit, where outdoor events were either fully lit or filled in
  by big floods, frame to frame the colours shift a bit, with some
  contrast change as well.

  I have assumed that it's due to lighting flicker, and that
  a slower shutter speed might solve the problem? Like with
  photographing TV? If yes, what would be the good shutter speed?

  I hope it's not camera's problem...

  Thanks!

Good light!
          fra