Hello Rick,

Unless the spot lights are good, that is a very slow lens to be using.
I would lean towards the 1600 speed film.  You do have the additional
issue of color balance.  A filter will take care of that, but at the
cost of some light - seems like about a 1-2 stops.  Another reason to
push toward the 1600 end.

Here is a play that I shot last year on digital - mix of 800 and 1600
ISO, some lenses were as slow as 5.6, but usually around 2.8 - 4.0.
http://www.daytonphoto.com/Galleries/OJHPlay/index.htm

This is really where the digital realm shines - you can set white
balance without loss of light and the high ISO's are much nicer than
super grainy films at that speed.

I wish you luck, man.  It is quite fun to shoot.

--
Best regards,
Bruce