On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 06:57:53 -0500, David Chang-Sang
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If Kominek's can't repair the LX I think Frank would be hard pressed to find
> someone else within Canada who could. Their service, from my experience, is
> top notch and if it's the same Pentax guy that I'm thinking of, he'll scour
> for spare parts etc. in order to fix a working body.
>
> I hope it gets fixed for you Frank :)

I'm actually not too worried, for a couple of reasons.  First, I think
that the problem is a minor mechanical one, maybe even one that
doesn't need parts.  Second, if they can't fix it, I have a camera
that works fine, except for the flash (although, as I said, ttl flash
metering is one of the things I like most about it), so I still have a
pretty good camera.  Third, Kominek's here in Toronto has a former
Pentax Canada tech who works for them, and he (as Dave recalls)
repaired a Pentax zoom for Dave that Pentax Canada said was beyond
repair.

Wait, that's ~three~ reasons....

"I'm actually not worried, for ~three~ reasons.  First..."

<vbg>

cheers,
frank (of the Spanish Inquisition)