What you're doing does not mean that  digital has 15 stops of latitude.
You are combining several exposures to give an effective range of fifteen
stops.  A big difference.  Plus, the technique is practically worthless for
many types of photography, such as when there's subject movement, like in a
portrait where the subject's facial expression may change slightly with
each exposure, or while photographing sports, or "street photography," or
... well, I'll let the reader fill in the blanks.  At least you qualified
your comment somewhat <LOL>

And, let's see, we'll add manipulation in Photoshop using
Shadows/Highlights, clever use of curves and image multiplication with
layers, shit, digital will give you 50 stops of latitude, at least!

Shel