On Mar 4, 2005, at 12:48 PM, frank theriault wrote:

Neither of those people are me, but the Rossin is my bike.  It's what
they use on velodromes, like in the Olympics.  One gear, no freewheel
(so you can't coast) and no brakes.

My brother-in-law has a track bike (Avanti Pista). Not long after he bought it he found out the hard way what happens when you're not quite used to that non-freewheel hub. It doesn't help that he owns three other bikes (one road bike, one mountain bike and something that appears to be a bit of everything all in one).

The people I work with are pretty cycle-crazy (mostly mountain bikers). One guy has been known to ride his penny farthing into work!

Cheers,

- Dave (yes I bike to work too but haven't been up the hill for a while)

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/