Some cameras, like several in the MZ/ZX series, support _some_ power zoom functions but not all. The MZ-5n and MZ-S, for instance, support the basic 3-speed power zooming, but not the zoom clip, size tracking and other fancy functions. Also, these cameras do provide the retract-the-lens-to-its-shortest-physical-length feature via power zoom when the camera is turned off, a nice feature, although unlike the PZ-1/PZ-1p, this feature on the MZ cameras doesn't also turn the lens focus to infinity when the camera is turned off, which would make the lens as short as possible.

Joe

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Owens" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

AFAIK, the power zoom functions were only available on the PZ series bodies. I found them to be basically useful only as a gimmick even when I had a PZ-1p.

The MZ-S is also on that list, IIRC.

Jostein