On Mar 8, 2005, at 9:30 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well I finally got into the modern era by purchasing the ultimate hi tech
darkroom to complement my istd - a very nice Macintosh G4 - 800 mgz 256meg 40 gig
drive sporting a - now get this - 17" Apple studio display. Can't wait to
bring it home tomorrow... Came with some nice software to boot.

Congratulations, that's an excellent system.

Be sure to upgrade the operating system to Mac OS X v10.3 (Panther), and do all the supplementary Software Updates, if it isn't set up that way already. More memory would be a good idea for image processing ... 768M to 1G is a good balance of cost and performance, let's Photoshop run well.

Ultimately you'll want more disk space too, with a fast disk.

Godfrey