On 14 Mar 2005 at 18:27, Peter Williams wrote:

> I wondered about that method of reducing the angularity too.
> I dismissed it as being counter to the trend Pentax have led
> of reducing the bulk and size of DSLR bodies.
> Maybe it is the answer to the problems though, it will be
> interesting to see what Leica come up with for their digital "M".
> After all, one of the main things that makes their wide angle
> lenses so superior is the tiny lens to film distance, no need
> for the retrofocus designs used on cameras with reflex mirrors.

Why not check out some reports from users of the Epson R-D1, most users seem
pretty pleased with it's performance with WA glass apart from the expected
vignetting. Its sensor size (same sensor as *ist D and *ist Ds) vs flange to
sensor plane distance is roughly equivalent to a FF sensor on a 35mm Pentax
body. I wouldn't hold my breath for Leica M digital body though.

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998