On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:06:42 -0500, frank theriault
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 23:03:48 -0500, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> <snip>
> >  (As if ten percent of my posts are anywhere near on topic <G>).
>
> 10% on-topic posts?  That puts you waaaay ahead of the list average!  <vbg>
>
> Way to go.
>
> cheers,
> frank

Thanks, Frank.  Here's the Noob's Guide to the PDML.

There are four possible conversations at any given time:
1.  Digital technobabble.  This starts out as a discussion about the
*istD/DS and deteriorates to speculation about a digital MF from
Pentax.
2.  All other technobabble.  This starts out as a problem with, or
question about, a specific Pentax product and deteriorates to
speculation about a digital MF from Pentax.
3.  PAW, PESO, GESO, etc.  These will degrade, usually gracefully, to
technobabble about the photo or the equipment used to take the
picture.  See #1 and #2.
4.  Off Topic.  The list is ~90% off topic.  Frank thinks it's higher.

All conversations will degrade to an "off topic" status.  All "off
topic" conversations eventually become crude humour (I spelt it wrong
for the brits) which inevitably offends a list member.  That member is
immediately ridiculed by the remainder of the current list readers.

Photos of cats will make people unsubscribe.  (Note:  I have not
witnessed this, but the FAQ says it's so.)

Unsubscribe requests sent to the list will be met with crude humor.  See above.

Feel free to add.  You know I will.

--
Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com