On 16/3/05, Peter J. Alling, discombobulated, unleashed:

>If Pentax is going for the full continuum it will happen, if Pentax
>stays in the camera business that is.  I'm beginning to actually discern
>a marketing strategy here, it's not the one I would have hoped for but
>then again, to be realistic Pentax doesn't have unlimited money either.

Bill Robb hit the nail on the head already. Pentax is continuing its
strategy formed through the 90s with its film hardware:

*ist Ds - entry level
*istD (successor) - prosumer
645D - professional

Pentax ended supported with a high end 35mm film offering when it
effectively killed the LX (IMO of course). Sorry MZ-S supporters.

Cheers,
  Cotty

___/\__