Yes, a considerable amount of interpolation is needed to make an 11 x 17 from a
6mp file. But that's one area where the PSCS RAW converter shines. When the
file is upsized while converting to tiff, the results are very good. In fact,
it was only after a local pro showed me the quality of interpolated results
that could be achieved that I decided to go digital. I agree that some subjects
are less amenable to this process, but I still contend that the reulsts, in
general, are at least the equal of what can be achieved scanning a 35mm slide
or negative. I don't think, however, that all RAW Converters are created equal,
and interpolation is definitely one task at which the Adobe software excels.
Paul