Thanks for the comments on this lens! It sounds good, I may have to try one out.

I don't expect these relatively inexpensive, medium-speed midrange zooms to compete with primes, but they are very convenient. I've been working with the F35-70/3.5-4.5 the past few days. I bought it pretty cheap and am finding it to be more than just satisfactorily useful, with darn good quality for the money. The 28-105 range would be even more to my liking.

It's funny: I'm finding I much prefer AF when I have a zoom on the camera, but much prefer manual focus when I have a prime lens fitted. A travel kit comprised of the 16-45, 35-70 (28-105), 100-300 plus an A50/1.4, A24/2.8, M85/2 is shaping up ...

Godfrey