Jostein wrote:

"OTOH, I don't think this camera will be on the usual assembly line. According
my local Pentax person (I was not allowed to say so until the press release),
this will be a camera to be produced on demand rather than in batches based on
expected sales. He also said that there will be options for personal
customization of each camera, but he had no details on potential parameters."

REPLY:

Well, I don't think any of the upper end Pentax bodies (67II, 645NII, MZ_S) are
mass produced anyway. The MZ-S is for example hand painted (not with a brush!);
not two bodies are identical in  finish. I did in fact suggest a couple of
years ago that Pentax should offer customization of their cameras. My guess is
that if the 645D is painted magnesium bodied like the MZ-S, they could offer
various colors and perhaps upholstery.

Jostein:
IMO, this camera sounds like a beast to battle the Hasselblad/Imacon H1 and will
probably be priced thereafter too.

REPLY:

It suspect it will be surprisingly cheap.

Pål