That's what I meant by X and B, the flash sync speed
and bulb.
I think the 'clackier' is due to the lightweight housing.
Like firing with no lens, or better still a rigid lens
cap, on. Less mass to dampen the mirror return sound.
The main reason I love the ME Super is that it has a
pneumatic damper on the mirror mechanism. Very mellow
sound.
Ironically it's also a common source of trouble.
It's what causes the shutter lag you sometimes see in the MES.
You press the shutter release and anywhere from seconds to
*hours* later the shutter finally fires.

Don