Wednesday, March 23, 2005, 2:53:48 PM, Rob wrote:
RS> On 23 Mar 2005 at 13:40, Frantisek wrote:

>> *OTG means it can
>> "suck" files from any mass storage compatible USB camera or card
>> reader.

RS> So what portable devices (aside from a laptop PC) can do this?

I am not that sure how OTG works with ordinary mass storage devices,
but apparently ( http://www.printerboyweb.net/pro_stuff/LOOK/index.php
- review of one such device) you can attach an USB card reader to it
and it will work. It is also supposed to work with most cameras,
although that seems reduntant to me if I can use a small reader - most
cameras have slow reading of CF cards and a lot still have USB 1.1,
while I could attach a fast reader to the for example e-look device.

I just need some good storage now, and then shell out the bucks for a
full featured device much later...

Good light!
           fra