I'm just going to have to see this for myself.  I've not yet made the
side-by-side comparison, just observed various scenes through the finders
and thru pics from different cameras.  Of course, we don't always use
"smallish" prints or only web oriented images.  Implied (to me, at least)
in your comment is that differences will be more noticeable in larger sized
prints or images.

Shel