In this range the Tamron SP AF 90mm macro is regarded one of the best.
I believe it possible to focus this manually.
Other than that any lens can be a portrait lens. 70mm - 120mm is fine
because you get limited Depth of Field (DOF) and you get a comfortable
distance to the subject while phptpgraphing.

If you want razor-sharp images, a macro lens is the best. If you want high
all-'round image quality, get a dedicated 85mm, a K 2.8 105mm or a K 2.5
135mm. You may get either one below 140USD, I believe.

Some people like the Pentax M 2.0/85mm for portraits. I didn't - I sold
mine.

The important thing about a portrait lens is that it's can make razor sharp
pictures at lager apertures (shallow DOF). I guess it takes a lot of
effort/knowlegde/technological know-how etc. to make a lens like this, which
is why they are expensive or rare.

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://hjem.get2net.dk/bladt