On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:59:27 +0100, Pål Jensen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Huh?
Interpretation: they are about to replace the FA lenses with FA-D lenses. Hence, they don't make huge batches of current FA lenses but only to satisfy demand until the replacements are ready. They have no interest sitting on large inventories of lenses when successors are released.

This certainly makes sense, and is the only conceivable explanation for why a company should decline to provide adequate stock to meet a demonstrable demand. Unless, of course, you believe that Pentax are simply stupid. Although that is not an uncommon view on this list, I have to say I don't share it. Their timing, however, leaves something to be desired.

But I do question whether they are about to replace the FAs with FA-Ds, or D-FAs. I reckon that DAs are more likely.

John