Don the domain name rather gives you away.   A brief analysis of the
market opens an opportunity, yes: D/DS have been successful releases
not matched with commensurate lens production/adjustments for crop
factor (+ issues with 35mm lenses at certain focal lengths =>
discontinued production) => shortages of AF lenses.

This becomes more and more truistic for auto-focus as we take into
account prices paid for second hand versions of still in-production
lenses Vs averages for those out of production and supposedly rarer.
The most interesting part is claiming manual focus virtue in its
cheapness and profitability.   Pause for reflection...   Signs point
to increased lens production Don so those returns will be more
difficult to sustain but good luck.

Endow an Australian with the acronym AO and you make him a happy man,
Shel.   With regard to manual focus lens collection, optical quality
and/or superiority to AF is the classic fallback position.   It was
assumed that you were part of this manual-focus clique (pretty much
what it is) based on your defensiveness and immediate resort to
ad-hominem re my anonymity.   Therefore, the fallback of optical
superiority was only a matter of time.

Finally, it's amazing how few of these head to head comparisons
between F/FA/DA/DFA and A/K/M etc lenses see the light of web.   I'm
all ears.