Thanks, Frank - I had never actually saw them before. They were amazing to watch through the finder, as they ran on and in the snow - I guess they have some way of producing energy in the cold.

It was a challenge photographing them - especially since I'm not as immune to the cold as they are!

- MCC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mark Cassino Photography
Kalamazoo, MI
www.markcassino.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cool shot!  (no pun intended)

I've never heard of snow fleas, or if I have, I've forgotten about
them.  I didn't know there were any insects or arthropods (or whatever
that is) that lived in such cold environments.

I learned something new today.

Quite an amazing photo, too.  Geez, photographing something that small
seems to me quite a feat!

cheers,
frank

-- "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson