----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian"
Subject: Re: I'm surprised that this one didn't attract a single bid

> > Your statement is just as bad as the zooms vs. primes or automatic vs > > manual arguments about learning composition. > > Have you actually taught this stuff or are you blowing smoke?

I taught myself. The statement was "learning composition" not "teaching composition"

Learning composition yourself is the same as teaching composition, except it's harder. often, the student and teacher are too close to each other for good communication to happen.

I have been taught this stuff, have learned much of it on my own, and have in turn taught photography as well.

My opinion, as a teacher, as a student, as both a professional and now amateur photographer, and as someone who sees several thousand photographic equivalents to a train wreck each day, is that your statement is not accurate.

Respectfully

William Robb