From: "Keith Whaley"
Subject: Re: Enablement, The best 35mm camera ever!!!!

Since you seem to have some sort of interest in Nikons, I thought I'd ask.
My camera repairman has some sort of a Nikkormat in his case, for sale. No
idea what actual model number, what lens is mounted, or anything else, but
was wondering how they are regarded.

I had always been told that they were very well built cameras. I had a
Nikkormat of some sort for a while. It seemed to work well enough.
Find out which one it is at some point.

William Robb

Well, I had a few spare moments and hopped back on
to actually reading the list mail...

Funny you should be talking about the Nikon F2 -
as a good friend of mine
whose sone as well as exhusband are pro
cinematographers, as it happens,
is needing to sell her F2 and put it on ebay...

She has gotten a lot of watchers - but there is
stuff about the camera
she doesnt know even though she used it a fair
amount, her ex had bought it for
her. In fact, I used it way way back in the 80's
when I was visiting them
on Shleter Island and had forgotten to back a long
lens - so I borrowed her
camera to get an osprey shot.

what she doesnt know, and was asked, was if it had
a hot-shoe...
I looked at her photos of the thing and tried to
talk her through
removing the top piece ...

Someone wrote and asked her if it had a hot shoe,
obviously...

The other funny thing was she is selling a
vivitar zoom for Nikon
and I had to rescue her title for her - she had
not stated it was
for Nikon and called it a 55mm. I think her lack
of interest in
things photographic might have been partly
responsible for her first marriage breakup :)

anyway... write me off list if you know how to
reveal the hot shoe if there
is one...

as to my Nikkormat... I may be able to keep it
afterall...

annsan - just dropping by