On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 11:12:59PM +0100, Bob W wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Actually, I've done my hot young babe thing.  About 5 years ago, I
> > dated a lovely lady about 17 years my junior.  I gotta tell ya, it was
> > an ego-booster.  Only lasted about 6 months, though,
>
> We've all done that, Frank. Plus the convertible and the hours at the
> gym. It's called a mid-life crisis.

Not all of us.

  1) I'm still with the same partner I was with 30 years ago.
     That doesn't leave me a lot of time for dating young babes.
     (or a lot of energy, come to that . . .)
     I will admit I did ask, when she turned 42, if I could
     trade her in for a couple of 21-year-olds.  Her answer?
     "Sure, if you could find two dumb enough to take you"

  2) What's wrong with convertibles?  I had one nearly thirty
     years ago (a Triumph Vitesse), and I got a different one
     in 1986 - a Mustang GT.  I've still got that one.  And in
     a year or so I expect to replace it with yet another one;
     we're thinking about a MINI Cooper "S" convertible, with
     the John Cooper "Works" package, as a replacement, to go
     along with our existing MINI Cooper.