Tom Reese wrote:

I'd rather spend my time trying to take good pictures than trying to fix bad
ones. I'm a slide shooter and I try to get the shot right before I press the
button.

Amen. That's where I'm coming from too. Not that there's anything wrong with manipulation and adjustment after the fact...

It somehow strikes me as odd, that in the film world, (at least for nature/landscapes) transparencies are predominantly viewed as the medium of choice because among other things, they are basically a WYSIWYG medium, boast enhanced color over negative film, are a 1st gen image, and they eliminate the 'guesswork' interpretation aspect of negative film processing.

Now in the digital world, RAW is all the rage, but precisely for many of the opposite reasons transparency was predominantly viewed as good.

Tom C.