Fra: Fred [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 6. april 2005 23:28
Til: Jens Bladt
Emne: Re: K 2.8/105mm

>> What would a reasonable price be for a K 105/2.8?

> I'm not sure, Henri. I think it's even more rare than the K 2.5/135mm.

I'm going to say that it's a ~lot~ more rare than the K 135/2.5.

> It's quite sharp wide open:

Yes, it is.

> I believe the prformance is about the same as the K 2.5/135mm. But it's
> actually a very nice portrait FL and it focuses from appr. 1,2 m.

It might have similar resolution (the 105 might even be a tad sharper wide
open), but there is one major difference between the two lenses, and that's
their bokeh.  The K 135/2.5 has (in my opinion) a very nice bokeh
rendering, while the K 105/2.8 shows (in my opinion) a rather harsh bokeh.

http://www.cetussoft.com/pentax/k105f28/

I had one of these for a short time a few years ago, and, while I
ordinarily tend to love the ol' K-era primes, I disliked the bokeh from
this lens so much that I gladly sold it.  Some people on the PDML love this
lens, however, so, as is said, YMMV.

Actually, I was rather surprised by the bokeh quality when I first used the
lens.  Sandwiched between the K 85/1.8 and the K 135/2.5, I expected the
lens to perform similarly.  But, the sample I had (in eBay "minty"
condition) simply was not an endearing lens for my tastes (while the other
two most definitely are).

Fred