I agree. But there is a style of photography, called "boudoir" over here, which involves kitschy, "romantic", backgrounds, and very soft focus. Some people love it. For them, Bill's soft-focus photos would look much nore "professional" than the un-retouched ones.

Horses for courses. Bill was shooting for her, not for himself (at least, that's what he told her). The client is queen.

John