Steve Jolly wrote:

Johan Uiterwijk Winkel wrote:

Before taking apart my ist DS, I am wondering if this digital body containts a mechanical shutter, or is it just firing up some electronics during the exposure time.

It's mechanical.

That nice.

At least there's something between the big dusty world outside and the CCD :-)

If you do take it apart, be sure to post some photos of the innards to the list! :-)

Not today, tooooooo much dust in the room.............. And hopefully also not in the near future. While searching for the details of a mechanical shutter, the only thing I cam across about the innerworks of this camera was http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0914/pentax107.jpg . And that did not show the thing I needed ...

But when I do, I'll send them. (Ofcource, the photo's are then taken with a low budget digicam....)

Johan.