Good buy; mine got a workout yesterday shooting my brothers kitesurfing. Sometimes I feel guilty for not using it enough...
Out of interest, how much for and where from?
Looking forward to seeing some of your results from it.

Cheers,
David

Derby Chang wrote:

Impulse buy yesterday. Picked up a SMC-A* 300mm f4.0 lens yesterday. Amusingly, the guy in the shop showed me a Nikkor 300mm f4.5 to compare with it. Nikkor big, ugly, hard to hand hold. SMC-A*, while not actually pretty, is definitely more ergonomic, and a WHOLE lot smaller (even though its a faster lens).

A few chips in the front element, and one small chip in the back. And the body looks like it has been through some adventures, but I'm happy with the purchase.