At 7:30 PM -0400 4/9/05, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi Alan and welcome the mehame

Alan. I have owned Dslr's since 2001 and non of the major players,Nikon,Canon and Pentax
suggest
self dustoff.
No one i know in the Dslr shooting business uses canned air. Thats justa disater waiting
to happen.

I use a hurricane blower and when dust gets to stubborn, its off to the mfg. At least if
they F^^k
it up i can sue,or MARY WHAT EVER WORKS
Dave

> <http://194.100.88.243/petteri/pont/How_to/a_Brush_Your_Sensor/a_Brush_Your_Sensor.html>

Whatever's least invasive and does the job is probably the way to go. It's not hard to see why the manufacturers wouldn't advise anyone to go poking around in there with sticks. I've avoided canned air applied directly and will probably pick up a hurricane blower at some point. The clean soft brush approach seems fairly safe and it does work. I'm definitely not brave enough to be rubbing it with wet swabs. I can't say that it's been much of a problem so far. It will be interesting to see what it's like this summer when I start spending time at county fairs again.
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design

Photographs at
http://www.ahayesphoto.com/americandead/index.htm