> From: Graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2005/04/15 Fri PM 01:10:24 GMT
> To: pentax-discuss@pdml.net
> Subject: Re: Hurrah for Shel Disrobing the Emperor
>
> Yep, it is easier to send prints to grandma. It is easier to pass prints
> around for your friends to look at. Prints are really the only reason slides
> and video never became the mainstream snapshot media. Also, folks on this
> list, seem to forget that 1/2 the people in this country do not own
> computers, and 75+% of the people in the world do not have them. Come to
> think of it since most of us here own maybe 5 computers what does that do for
> that 1 computer per 2 people statistic?
>
> I took some film into Wal-Marts the other day (the local one has downsized
> the minilab to about 1/3 its area BTW), the nice girl there said she had a
> hard time getting the yellow out of my prints. She did a good job though as
> the tan hat in the photos came out neutral gray...

8-)

The question that we want the answer to is "What do most of  the persons in the
street want out of photography?" because they way forward for many of us will
be based on the companies' answer to it.  There are quite a few answers.  Some
of those answers lead to dead ends.  It will be interesting to see what, er,
transpires in the next few years.

mike

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software