All is not lost, Joe.  We still make ONE interesting car:

http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/intro.html

John

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:15:55 -0600, Joseph Tainter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I always thought that British cars up through the 1960s and even early 1970s were the most fun and interesting cars in the world.

Hence one of my perpetual problems: I tend to buy cars because I think they are interesting. Guess what happens then.

When I was a kid in California in the 1960s, MG and Triumph were the cars to have. I did manage to get an MG 1100, which was a small sedan (a bit bigger than a mini) rather than a sports car, but a whale of a lot of fun to drive.

But the Japanese and Germans won because the British cars weren't reliable. Same for Fiat in the U.S. market. On my MG, I once went through five fuel pumps in ten months. I finally got rid of it when the transmission went out -- at about 35,000 miles.

But I still haven't learned to stop buying cars because they are interesting.

Joe

-- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Anti-Virus. Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.9.15 - Release Date: 16/04/2005