> There are 2 A35-70s.
> A 3.5-4.5 that I've seen go for as little as $25.00,
> it's a very decent lens.
> The other is the A35-70/4, it's a fantastic little
> zoom and I've seen them offered for as much as $125.00,
> I paid a little over $40.00 for mine a few years ago.

The A 35-70/4 is a neat little lens, with a great macro function (it's one
of the very few so-called "macro zooms" worthy of the name).  It's my
"dedicated Saturday/Sunday garden tour lens" (<g>) on a Super A.  A little
too much barrel distortion at the 35mm end is its only shortcoming.  Well,
its plasticky build may not be ideal, either, if you're used to heavier
manual focus lenses, but it does make for a light weight compact lens for
carrying, and it does seem to be at least adequately sturdy - mine doesn't
seem to be getting sloppy after being lugged around a lot (and banged
around a few times, too).

I've never tried the other version, as I usually avoid non-constant
aperture zooms, unless there is a compensating compelling reason to use
one.  (For example, the VS1 70-210/2.8-4 is at least as good a lens
optically as the 2nd VS1 70-210/3.5 version, and just might be the best of
the five VS1 70-210's.)  (Another possible example - some claim that the F
70-210/4-5.6 is better than the A 70-210/4, although I have not found that
to be the case with the F that I have tried.)  Note that this is not to say
anything negative about the other A 35-70, but only to say I have never
tried it.

Fred