That's delightfully snide of you, oh Graywolf. And total bullshit.

No such car is listed in the definitive "Alfa Romeo: Tutte Le Vetture Dal 1910" by Luigi Fusi. There were certainly performance variants of the Guilietta Spider ... in 1956/1957 there was the Guilietta Spider Normale, with one carburetor, and Veloce, with dual Weber carburetors. The high-performance Veloce version made 90 hp and had a 5 speed transmission.

Here's ahttp://www.carsfromitaly.com/alfaromeo/index.html referring to these cars.

Luigi Fusi lists all the cars manufactured by Alfa Romeo, he is the definitive source. There were many racing variants, but nothing called a "Guilietta Super Spider". There is no "y" in the Italian alphabet.

I suppose you meant a "balky" gearshift into 2nd gear, not a "bulky" gear. Pardon my mistake, derivative of your inept use of the english language.

Godfrey