To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: Where's Cotty?

On 4/19/05, Keith Whaley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>>
No, a "spider" is a body style. A lightweight convertible sporting vehicle.
See Pinin Farina who designed the first one for Alfa in the Guilietta
series startiing in 1955.
Many others make one today, not the least of which is Ferrari...

Yes. You're right. I was talking of the pronunciation and etymology of the word, not the meaning, which I've always taken to be a two seat topless sports car (but maybe they don't have to be two-seaters).

cheers,
frank

-- "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept." -Henri Cartier-Bresson