Quoting Dave Sprinkle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I'm afraid you're right: W-16959 pixels x H-11392 pixels,
> resolution HxV 400 dpi x 400 dpi, Bit depth 1.
> Creation Software:  Oi/GFS, writer v 00.06.02.
> I guess this would indicate an uncompressed  file
> size > 200mb. What size windows system would handle
> a file like this?

Dave,
I used to get CAD drawings that had been exported as TIF files, they were of
similar ludicrous pixel dimensions to yours. I was able to work with them on
my AMD 1600 MHz machine with 512 MB system memory. I think I had a 1.5 GB swap
file set. Although you knew you were working with a large file, it certainly
didn't crash or hang. The software I used was Adobe PS 7.
You could quite likely convert to 1 bit with no loss of usefullness.

--
Peter Williams

This email was sent from Netspace Webmail: http://www.netspace.net.au